MY MORNING GRANOLAEvery time I make a big batch of granola I package some of it up and pass it onto a friend, neighbour, or family member, or even a client at a meeting (random, but true). It’s always well received because, seriously, who doesn’t love a gift of food? The funny thing is, every time I give this delightful morning granola as a gift, the recipient always ends up asking for the recipe. Without fail.
My Morning Granola really is a winner. It’s incredibly wholesome with plenty of beautiful ingredients to make your body feel satisfied and energised. Make some and discover it for yourself. Oh, and maybe gift a little of it on to a pal too. It’s be rude not to.
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups flaked coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup golden linseeds
1/2 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
1/2 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
1 tbsp cinnamon
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup goji berries
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 cup apple juice sweetened cranberries
1/2 cup dehydrated kiwi (or swap for organic Turkish apricots)
1. Preheat oven to 170°C and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, linseeds, cashews, almonds, and cinnamon.
3. Whisk together coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup, then pour over dry ingredients and mix until evenly coated.
4. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, toss, then bake for a further 5-8 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, allow to cool, then add dried fruits of choice.
6. Store in a large airtight container up to three weeks.