SPICED LAMB CUTLETS WITH POMEGRANATE AND FETA, AND A GRILLED PEACH AND WATERCRESS SALADYou can’t beat good wholesome food shared with great mates, and this meal will bring all that to life in no time. Making the most of summer stone fruits, which are at our fingertips for only a little longer, and combining them with the most delicious spiced lamb, pomegranate and feta is where it’s at for nutrition, flavour and feeling the summer vibes. This recipe is gluten-free and refined sugar-free too, so you can happily indulge without that guilty feeling.
Ingredients (serves 4)
Spice Lamb Cutlets
2 racks of lamb, approx. 800g-1kg
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
100g Danish feta
Arils of 1/2 a pomegranate
1 small spanish onion, finely sliced
1/4 bunch coriander, roots removed, stalks and leaves kept intact
4 yellow peaches, halved and stones removed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups watercress leaves, stems intact
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 220C.
2. Combine olive oil, cumin and coriander and rub the mixture into the lamb cutlets.
3. Heat an oven-proof grill plate or fry pan on medium heat, add olive oil to coat the pan and the sear lamb racks, turning occasionally for about 5 minutes to sear off the outer fat.
4. Place in oven to cook for 10-12 minutes for medium rare.
5. While the lamb is in the over, preheat a grill plate or barbecue to medium high.
6. Place peaches in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
7. Grill the peaches on the heat for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
8. On a serving plate, arrange half the water cress leaves, followed by half the peaches and repeat.
9. Drizzle with lemon juice, maple syrup, balsamic, season with sea salt and pepper.
10. Remove lamb from oven and set aside, covered, to rest for 5 minutes.
11. Once meat is rested, slice and serve tossed with spanish onion, feta, pomegranate and coriander.
*If you don’t have a oven-proof grill plate or fry pan, line a roasting tray with greaseproof paper.