Peach, Asparagus and Mint Salad
Salads are such a lovely way to enjoy stone fruits and really up the impressive factor in a meal with zero fuss whatsoever. A personal fave of mine is to include asparagus in a salad because of the contrasting sweetness and crunch – it’s just so delicious!
This gluten, dairy and sugar free peach, asparagus and mint salad is the perfect way to take advantage of the availability of delicious summer stone fruits for the remainder of the summer season.
(serves 4 as a side)
• 3 peaches, seeded and sliced into eighths
• 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed slightly
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• ½ cup mint leaves, picked
• 1 cup rocket or watercress
• ¼ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
• ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
• 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
1. Heat a large frypan on low heat, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, then add the peaches and asparagus;
2. Cook the asparagus for 4-5 minutes, turning a few times throughout;
3. Once the asparagus is cooked, remove from the pan and set aside. Let the peaches cook another 10 minutes, turning every 5 minutes;
4. When the peaches are cooked and deliciously golden, remove them from the pan and arrange on a plate with rocket, asparagus, mint and hazelnuts;
5. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
This delicious recipe was provided by local nutritionist and author of Seasons to Share, Jacqueline Alwill. For whole food catering, nutrition workshops, recipes,
and much more, please visit www.thebrownpaperbag.com.au.