News Satire People Food Other

Alleged Crimes of the East

By Gary Larson on December 7, 2021 in Other

A high risk occupation.

Drug Dealers Warned to Stay out of Eastern Suburbs
Police seized more than $50,000 worth of cocaine and $35,280 cash in a crackdown on coke dealing in the Eastern Suburbs.
The weekend blitz centred on Bondi. Officers arrested 17 people including several alleged dealers in possession of multiple bags of cocaine plus large wads of cash. They were operating out of private cars and taxis.
“Most of the dealers are from outside this area,” Eastern Suburbs Police Area Command Crime Manager Detective Inspector Gretchen Atkins said. “Our message to these people is ‘Stay out of the Eastern Suburbs’.”

Let us Prey: Bible Student Charged with Sexual Touching
A Bible student is alleged to have sexually preyed on young female customers in a Coogee grocery store in two brazen incidents.
In the first episode, 20-year-old Joel Ngoga is said to have touched a 25-year old woman’s bottom. Then, three weeks later, he allegedly returned to the scene of the crime on Coogee Bay Road and struck again. This time, say Police, the victim was a 15-year-old girl. He is alleged to have thrust himself onto the teenager’s body.
Ngoga, a Canadian citizen who is in Sydney doing a Bible studies course, was arrested in Maroubra by patrol officers from Eastern Beaches Police Area Command. He has been charged with intentionally sexually touching a child and sexually touching another person without consent.

Man goes Berserk in Pub – Police
A 30-year-old Waverley man has been charged with multiple offences after allegedly going into a violent rage when he was asked to leave a bar.
Police say the incident occurred at a licenced premises in Bronte Road, Waverley. After being asked to leave due to his behaviour, the man is said to have snapped a pool cue in half and brandished it.
Three off-duty police officers who were in the bar approached him. It is alleged that he attacked the officers, head-butting one and kneeing another in the groin. More police arrived and the man was taken to Waverley police station where he was charged.
Police have warned that violent behaviour will not be tolerated, and that refusing to leave licenced premises will lead to a $550 fine. In this man’s case, the penalties are likely to be much higher. He has been charged with six offences including assaulting police, resisting arrest and property damage.

Help Catch Clifftop Killers
The unveiling of a memorial to gay hate victims has sparked hope that the killers of at least three men will finally be brought to justice.
Marks Park, between Bondi and Tamarama, used to be a gay beat – and the scene of bashings and murders by predators targeting men who sought sexual liaisons there. A number of victims were hurled over the cliff at the edge of the park.
Now a $164,000 memorial has been built with funds from Waverley Council and local gay philanthropists, Stephen Heasley and Andrew Borg. This has thrown the spotlight back on the murders of the three men.
Giles Mattaini, a 27-year-old French national living in Bondi, was last seen on the coastal walking track beside the park on September 15, 1985. His body was never found.
The next confirmed victim was 24-year-old Wollongong news presenter Ross Warren, who was last seen on the night of July 22, 1989, socialising with friends in Darlinghurst. Two days later, his keys were found on the rocks below Marks Park. As with Mr Mattaini, his body had been washed out to sea.
Four months later, the killers struck again. Barman John Russell, 31, was last seen drinking with friends at a Bondi pub on November 23, 1989. His body was found below Marks Park the next morning.
Each of these murders carries a $100,000 reward. The NSW Government has just announced a judicial inquiry into gay and transgender hate crimes between 1970 and 2010. The enquiry will have the power to summon witnesses and will hopefully uncover fresh evidence about the murders and beatings in Marks Park.

O What a Feeling: Rego Plate Forgery
A Maroubra driver was stopped by police who saw that his number plates had been crudely altered. Black tape had been used to transform the letter ‘J’ into an ‘O’.
The man was not keen on discussing his customised plates with the officers who pulled him over in McBurnie Avenue, Mascot. He got out of the car and took off down the street like an Olympic sprinter.
According to a Highway Patrol Facebook posting, “a foot pursuit was commenced. A short time later the man was located in bushland near Mill Pond underneath the Southern Cross Drive overpass.”
The 42-year-old has been charged with a string of offences including using a vehicle with altered plates and unlicensed driving.